At a HIM conference we sat down with Scott Ruthe, Vice President of Network and Security at HealthPort, to talk about some of the current challenges with privacy and security in health care today. We had a wide ranging discussion with a look at answers to the following questions:
- What are some of the most common security issues and breaches in healthcare?
- What’s a risk assessment and how can you leverage it in your healthcare organization?
- What should a healthcare organization expect from a 3rd party vendor to ensure health information privacy?
- How do you approach securing outsourcing and offshoring?
- What have we learned from the major breaches in health care?
- What are the advanced methods for protecting health care information?
You can see the full video interview embedded below or click on the question above to watch just the answer to that question.